Event costs and venue details
Members - £70.00
Non-members - £100.00
Students - £50.00
Event registration is at 13:45 with sessions commencing promptly at 14:15
Events take place at the Sandy Park Conference Center (Home of the Exeter Chiefs).
Please direct any enquiries about STEP West of England branch events to
Arcadia Legal & Trust
Great Bow Wharf
Tel: +44 (0)1458 254311 or email email@example.com
Seminar Booking Conditions
Cancellations must be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days before the date of the seminar, and will be subject to an administration charge of £25. Any cancellation made after this time will not be accepted and the delegate will remain liable to pay the full fee for the seminar.
Substitutions of delegates may be made if details of the new delegate are sent by e-mail to email@example.com at any time prior to the date of the seminar. If a non-STEP member attends in lieu of a STEP member then the difference in fee will be payable immediately. No refund will be due if a STEP member attends in lieu of a non-STEP member.
Branch Mission Statement
The West of England STEP branch aims to remain at the forefront of the UK STEP organisation by:
Professions Working Together
- Promoting and encouraging a co-ordinated professional approach to Trusts, Estates and Taxation thereof this to include the important area of Will preparation and effective management of the affairs of the elderly.
- Encouraging interdisciplinary work within the STEP professions.
- Maintaining and improving professional standards in this field.
- By appropriate representation of the various professional disciplines on the Branch Committee.
- Through attendance of Branch officers at the various conferences organised by STEP England and Wales promoting the work of the Branch and sharing experiences of the other Branches and reporting back to the Committee meetings/and meetings of the Branch with relevant topics for discussion.
Training and Support
- Supporting and encouraging the training of newcomers to STEP and providing high quality CPD training for existing members.
- By the provision of bespoke courses for our student members.
- By the provision of courses on topical issues for all our members in order to meet the full CPD requirements of the organisation.
- Keeping up to date with student member issues through our Student Liaison Officer.
- Keeping up to date with educational requirements of the organisation through our contact with STEP England and Wales.
- Providing professional and technical help and support for our members.
- Encouraging firms to promote and support membership of STEP.
- By mentor support to our student members studying for their STEP examinations.
- By informal mentor support to our members provided by members of the Branch Committee and other volunteer Branch members.
Image and Marketing of the Professions
- Ensuring that the "STEP" qualification is a centre of excellence benchmark for Trusts, Estate and related Tax work in the South West region.
- By marketing the Branch through appropriate use of the media and with the assistance of the STEP Public Policy Team England and Wales.
- By marketing the Branch in accordance with the policy set out in the Branch Media protocol.
This statement will be reviewed periodically to ensure it fully reflects the aims and aspiration of the Branch membership - November 2011.